United Nations Youth Assembly
The Blue Butterfly Foundation is excited to announce its role as a partnership delegation to the 2023 UN Youth Assembly!
An annual conference in New York City, the Youth Assembly gathers 1,000 of the world’s most
dynamic young people each year from over 100 countries to connect with like-minded peers,
trailblazers, and influencers. Each year the Youth Assembly attracts the world’s most dynamic
young people interested in global issues and sustainable development.
- One of the world’s largest youth events focused on the United Nations Sustainable
- Founded in 2004, with roots going back to 1958.
- 20,000 Alumni from 160 countries, including the UN Secretary General’s first-ever Envoy
on Youth Ahmad Alhendawi & Former Secretary General of the United Nations Kofi
- 1,000+ youth-led projects have been generated by Youth Assembly participants in their
home communities, see most recent reported projects in the 2019 Youth Assembly
- Multiple leadership opportunities for delegates to win awards and prizes of up to
$10,000 dollars to fund their social impact projects, and recognition on a global stage.
With approximately 1.2 billion people aged 15-24 years accounting for 16% of the world
population, young people must be the center of the social change needed to address these
The Blue Butterfly Foundation is very proud of its youth leaders who will participate and help
lead the next generation actively create a better world!